- Make sure to have 32-bit ODBC drivers installed, and Net connect.
- MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.3+
- MySQL Connector Net 6.9.9+
- MySQL Installer-Community
- MySQL Server 5.7+
- You don’t need to have access installed for LetSync Desktop to support it.
- For Oracle and Azure, the database needs to be created on the server then LetSync Desktop can add the tables to it.
- Make Sure to allow IP connection on the server and for Azure, the client IP needs to be added in most cases.
Right Click on database that you want to see then View:
This windows will tell you all the information of the database. Also, it tells you to which task the database is linked to it.
The top left button will give a shortcut to delete the database. The database can be deleted if it is not linked to any task.
Status Field: you will be able to see which table supports which operation. Empty cells, meaning that operation is not supported.
Error Tables: it will display all the errors that were found on all the tasks that were running. The “Clear error table data” button will delete all the data from the database. Also, you can find the errors in the log files folder.
Explore Database: it will give you the chance to look into the data from the database without actually open the database directly. Click on the table that wants to see. The ones that have child tables, child tables will show on the bottom section. The data are shown below to a sample company file.
Update Password: it will allow you to update the password in case it was changed without deleting the database and have to re-connect to it. Password is saved encrypted, meaning once you connect to the database, you won’t have any way to see or change the password in other way.
Right Click on Company Files label then Add New:
Add Database windows will open:
- Pick the database type that you want to connect to it: Access, SQL Server, MySQL Server, Azure, and Oracle.
- Create database and tables. Add tables to a database already created, or add a LetSync Desktop database previously created.
- Create New Database: will create the database and the tables.
- Add Existing Database: this option is when you already have a database that was created by LetSync Desktop and you want to connect to it; this database could be created by LetSync Desktop from another or same computer and you to connect to it aging.
- Add Tables to an existing database: this will be the first option to choose for Oracle and Azure. Or if you have a database created and you just want to add the table’s schema to it.
- You need to establish a connection to your database.
- The name as you want to label the database on the LetSync Desktop interface.
We will use SQL Server for this purpose
Select SQL Server and click on Set a Connection:
Enter your server name. The database name as you want to be created on your server (no spaces and no special characters are allow on this name). Once the connect is set the Set a Connection button will turn to green and LetSync will offer you the same database name to be use on LetSync Desktop interface; this name can be changed and it won’t affect the name of the database that it will be created on your server.
After changing the name for display or leave as it is, click on Add to finally connect LetSync to your server:
Delete a database means that the database will be remove from LetSync configuration. It won’t be deleted from the fiscal location (for access) where the database is located or from the server for the other databases. You can always re add the database back to LetSync Desktop as long it is a database that was created by LetSync Desktop. The tables will be re-create all the time when populate to database as long you don’t have “Support UserData Field” checked (go to Settings for more info).
If the database is linked to any task. LetSync Desktop won’t allow you to delete the database until either you delete the task or change the database within the task to another database.
Right Click on database that you want to delete then Delete: